Fermenting for Dummies
Wasserman, Marni, Jeanroy, Amelia
- 出版商: For Dummies
- 出版日期: 2019-04-09
- 售價: $940
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $893
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 336
- 裝訂: Quality Paper - also called trade paper
- ISBN: 1119594200
- ISBN-13: 9781119594208
Want to ferment at home? Easy.
Fermentation is what makes foods like beer, pickles, and sauerkraut delicious--and nutritious. Fermented foods are chock-full of probiotics that aid in digestive and overall health. In addition, the fermentation process also has been shown to add nutrients to food, making already nutritious food even better Fermenting For Dummies provides step-by-step information for cooks, homesteaders, farmers, and food lovers of any kind who want to develop a deeper understanding and appreciation for arguably the oldest form of food preservation.
Fermenting For Dummies gives you the scoop on the fermenting process, the tools and ingredients you'll need to get started, and 100+ recipes for fermenting at home. So what are you waiting for?
- Shows you how to ferment vegetables, including slaw-style, pickles, and kimchee
- Covers how to ferment dairy into yogurt, kefir, cheese, and butter
- Explains how to ferment fruits, from lemons to tomatoes, and how to serve them
- Details how to ferment beverages, including mead, beer, kombucha, vinegar, and more
If you're interested in preserving food using this ancient method, Fermenting For Dummies has everything you need to get started.
Marni Wasserman is passionate about real food. She inspires people to eat well and live well everyday. She shares many of her recipes and tips at www.marniwasserman.com. Amy Jeanroy is passionate about healthy, homemade foods and has been making and eating fermented food for 20 years. She shares daily recipes on her site, www.thefarmingwife.com.