Sustainable Construction: Green Building Design and Delivery (Hardcover)
Kibert, Charles J.
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2022-04-12
- 售價: $2,150
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $2,107
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 656
- 裝訂: Hardcover - also called cloth, retail trade, or trade
- ISBN: 1119706459
- ISBN-13: 9781119706458
DISCOVER THE LATEST EDITION OF THE LEADING TEXTBOOK ON SUSTAINABLE CONSTRUCTION AND GREEN BUILDING
In the newly revised Fifth Edition of Sustainable Construction: Green Building Design and Delivery, the late Dr. Charles J. Kibert delivers a rigorous overview of the design, construction, and operation of high-performance green buildings. In the leading textbook on sustainable building, the author provides thoroughly updated information on everything from materials selection to building systems.
Updated to reflect the latest building codes and standards, including LEED v4.1, the book offers readers coverage of international green building codes and standards, biomimicry, ecological design, focused assessment systems like SITES, EDGE, WELL, and Fitwell, and sustainable construction resilience. Readers will learn to think critically about all aspects of green building and benefit from the inclusion of:
- A thorough introduction to sustainable construction, including the landscape for green buildings, sustainable development, sustainable design, and the rationale for high-performance green buildings
- An exploration of the foundations of green buildings, including biomimicry and ecological design, basic concepts and vocabulary, and the green building movement
- Practical discussions of ecological design, including a historical perspective, contemporary ecological design
- In-depth examinations of high-performance green building assessment, including focused assessment systems and international building assessment systems
Perfect for upper level undergraduate and graduate level students in architecture, architectural technology, civil engineering, and construction management, Sustainable Construction is also an indispensable resource for anyone studying for the LEED Green Associate exam, as well as industry professionals and building owners.
The late Charles J. Kibert, PhD, was Director of the Powell Center for Construction and Environment at the University of Florida and Professor in the M.E. Rinker Sr. School of Building Construction. He was co-Founder and President of the Cross Creek Initiative, a sustainable construction non-profit organization.