Lost and Found: Unlocking Collaboration and Compassion to Help Our Most Vulnerable, Misunderstood Students (and All the Rest)
Greene, Ross W.
- 出版商: Jossey-Bass/Pfeiffer
- 出版日期: 2021-08-10
- 售價: $1,290
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,226
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 208
- 裝訂: Hardcover - also called cloth, retail trade, or trade
- ISBN: 1119813573
- ISBN-13: 9781119813576
Help the students with concerning behaviors without detentions, suspensions, expulsions, paddling, restraint, and seclusion
In the newly revised Second Edition of Lost and Found, distinguished child psychologist Dr. Ross W. Greene delivers an insightful and effective framework for educators struggling with students with concerning behaviors. The author's Collaborative & Proactive Solutions (CPS) approach focuses on the problems that are causing concerning behaviors and helps school staff partner with students to solve those problems rather than simply modifying the behavior.
In this book, you'll discover:
- A more compassionate, practical, effective approach to students' concerning behaviors, one that positions educators as allies, not enemies, and as partners, not adversaries
- Updated examples and dialogue suited to modern classrooms and recent innovations from the constantly evolving CPS model
- Specific advice on how schools can eliminate the use of punitive, exclusionary disciplinary procedures and address disproportionality
Perfect for K-12 educators in general and special education, Lost and Found has also become standard reading for teachers-in-training, professors, and parents who struggle to help students for whom "everything" has already been tried.
ROSS W. GREENE, PHD, is adjunct Professor in the Department of Psychology at Virginia Tech and adjunct Professor in the Faculty of Science at the University of Technology in Sydney, Australia. He is the author of The Explosive Child and Lost at School, as well as the founding director of Lives in the Balance, a nonprofit organization that offers free resources on the CPS model.