Process Dynamics and Control Techniques, 4/e (Wiley Custom Edition)(Paperback)
Dale E. Seborg , Thomas F. Edgar , Duncan A. Mellichamp , Francis J. Doyle III
- 出版商: Wiley
- 出版日期: 2017-01-01
- 售價: $1,660
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,577
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 512
- ISBN: 1119923417
- ISBN-13: 9781119923411
●General revisions for the fourth edition include reducing the emphasis on lengthy theoretical derivations and increasing the emphasis on analysis using widely available software: MATLAB®, Simulink® and Mathematica.
●Material on major topics including control system design, instrumentation, and troubleshooting has been significantly revised to reflect new developments.
●References at the end of each chapter have been updated and new exercises have been added.
●Presentation provides a balance of theory and practice, emphasize dynamic behavior, physical and empirical modeling, computer simulation, measurement and control technology, fundamental control concepts, and advanced control strategies.
●Material is divided into reasonably short chapters to make it more readable and modular. This organization allows some chapters to be omitted without a loss of continuity.
●The mathematical level of the book is oriented toward a junior or senior student in chemical engineering who has taken at least one course in differential equations.
●Additional mathematical tools required for the analysis of control systems are introduced as needed. The authors emphasize process control techniques that are used in practice and provide detailed mathematical analysis only when it is essential for understanding the material.
●Key theoretical concepts are illustrated with numerous examples, exercises, and simulations.
PART ONE INTRODUCTION TO PROCESS CONTROL
1. Introduction to Process Control
2. Theoretical Models of Chemical Processes
PART TWO DYNAMIC BEHAVIOR OF PROCESSES
3. Laplace Transforms
4. Transfer Function Models
5. Dynamic Behavior of First-Order and Second-Order Processes
6. Dynamic Response Characteristics of More Complicated Processes
7. Development of Empirical Models from Process Data
PART THREE FEEDBACK AND FEEDFORWARD CONTROL
8. Feedback Controllers
9. Control System Instrumentation
10. Process Safety and Process Control
11. Dynamic Behavior and Stability of Closed-Loop Control Systems
12. PID Controller Design, Tuning, and Troubleshooting
13. Control Strategies at the Process Unit Level
14. Frequency Response Analysis and Control System Design
15. Feedforward and Ratio Control
PART FOUR ADVANCED PROCESS CONTROL
16. Enhanced Single-Loop Control Strategies
17. Digital Sampling, Filtering, and Control
18. Multiloop and Multivariable Control
19. Real-Time Optimization
20. Model Predictive Control
21. Process Monitoring
22. Batch Process Control
PART FIVE APPLICATIONS TO BIOLOGICAL SYSTEMS
23. Biosystems Control Design
24. Dynamics and Control of Biological Systems
Appendix A: Digital Process Control Systems: Hardware and Software
Appendix B: Review of Thermodynamic Concepts for Conservation Equations
Appendix C: Control Simulation Software
Appendix D: Instrumentation Symbols
Appendix E: Process Control Modules
Appendix F: Review of Basic Concepts From Probability and Statistics
Appendix G: Introduction to Plantwide Control (Available online at: www.wiley.com/college/seborg)
Appendix H: Plantwide Control System Design (Available online at: www.wiley.com/college/seborg)
Appendix I: Dynamic Models and Parameters Used for Plantwide Control Chapters (Available online at: www.wiley.com/college/seborg)
Appendix J: Additional Closed-Loop Frequency Response Material (Available online at: www.wiley.com/college/seborg)
Appendix K: Contour Mapping and the Principle of the Argument (Available online at: www.wiley.com/college/seborg)
Appendix L: Partial Fraction Expansions for Repeated and Complex Factors (Available online at: www.wiley.com/college/seborg)