Multicriteria Decision Aid and Artificial Intelligence: Links, Theory and Applications (Hardcover)
Michael Doumpos, Evangelos Grigoroudis
Presents recent advances in both models and systems for intelligent decision making.
Organisations often face complex decisions requiring the assessment of large amounts of data. In recent years Multicriteria Decision Aid (MCDA) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) techniques have been applied with considerable success to support decision making in a wide range of complex real-world problems.
The integration of MCDA and AI provides new capabilities relating to the structuring of complex decision problems in static and distributed environments. These include the handling of massive data sets, the modelling of ill-structured information, the construction of advanced decision models, and the development of efficient computational optimization algorithms for problem solving. This book covers a rich set of topics, including intelligent decision support technologies, data mining models for decision making, evidential reasoning, evolutionary multiobjective optimization, fuzzy modelling, as well as applications in management and engineering.
Multicriteria Decision Aid and Artificial Intelligence:
- Covers all of the recent advances in intelligent decision making.
- Includes a presentation of hybrid models and algorithms for preference modelling and optimisation problems.
- Provides illustrations of new intelligent technologies and architectures for decision making in static and distributed environments.
- Explores the general topics on preference modelling and learning, along with the coverage of the main techniques and methodologies and applications.
- Is written by experts in the field.