Electricity Pricing: Regulated, Deregulated and Smart Grid Systems
Sen, Sawan, SenGupta, Samarjit, Chakrabarti, Abhijit
- 出版商: CRC
- 出版日期: 2018-04-04
- 售價: $3,140
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $2,983
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 244
- 裝訂: Quality Paper - also called trade paper
- ISBN: 1138074012
- ISBN-13: 9781138074019
Electricity Pricing: Regulated, Deregulated and Smart Grid Systems presents proven methods for supplying uninterrupted, high-quality electrical power at a reasonable price to the consumer. Illustrating the evolution of the power market from a monopoly to an open access system, this essential text:
- Covers voltage stability analysis of longitudinal power supply systems using an artificial neural network (ANN)
- Explains how to improve performance using flexible alternating current transmission systems (FACTS) and high-voltage direct current (HVDC)
- Takes into account operating constraints as well as generation cost, line overload, and congestion for expected and inadvertent loading stress
- Goes beyond FACTS and HVDC to provide multi-objective optimization algorithms for the deregulated power market
- Proposes the use of stochastic optimization techniques in the smart grid, preparing the reader for future development
Electricity Pricing: Regulated, Deregulated and Smart Grid Systems offers practical solutions for improving stability, reliability, and efficiency in real-time systems while optimizing electricity cost.
Sawan Sen holds a B.Sc, B.Tech, M.Tech, and Ph.D from the University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India. She is currently an associate professor in the Electrical Engineering Department of the Academy of Technology, Hooghly, India. Her main research interests include power system stability analysis, system performance enhancement, and different soft computing techniques for solving power system problems like congestion management, cost optimization, and electricity pricing under regulated, deregulated, and smart grid environments.
Samarjit Sengupta holds a B.Sc, B.Tech, M.Tech, and Ph.D from the University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India. He is currently a professor of electrical engineering in the Department of Applied Physics at the University of Calcutta. He has published 130 journal papers and eight books on various topics of electrical engineering. His main research interests include power quality instrumentation, power system stability, and security and power system protection. He is a fellow of IET and IETE, as well as a senior member of IEEE.
Abhijit Chakrabarti holds as Ph.D from the University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India. He is currently the vice chancellor of Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India and a professor at the Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur. Previously he served on the West Bengal State Council of Higher Education as vice chairman and chairman. A life fellow of IE, he has authored 123 research papers and 12 books, and received the Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya Power Medal. He is a member of the AICTE including the NBA, as well as a member of different expert and policymaking committees for various universities.