Dynamic RAM: Technology Advancements
Siddiqi, Muzaffer A.
- 出版商: CRC
- 出版日期: 2017-03-29
- 售價: $2,810
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $2,670
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 382
- 裝訂: Quality Paper - also called trade paper
- ISBN: 1138077054
- ISBN-13: 9781138077058
Because of their widespread use in mainframes, PCs, and mobile audio and video devices, DRAMs are being manufactured in ever increasing volume, both in stand-alone and in embedded form as part of a system on chip. Due to the optimum design of their components--access transistor, storage capacitor, and peripherals--DRAMs are the cheapest and densest semiconductor memory currently available. As a result, most of DRAM structure research and development focuses on the technology used for its constituent components and their interconnections. However, only a few books are available on semiconductor memories in general and fewer on DRAMs.
Dynamic RAM: Technology Advancements provides a holistic view of the DRAM technology with a systematic description of the advancements in the field since the 1970s, and an analysis of future challenges.
- DRAM cells of all types, including planar, three-dimensional (3-D) trench or stacked, COB or CUB, vertical, and mechanically robust cells using advanced transistors and storage capacitors
- Advancements in transistor technology for the RCAT, SCAT, FinFET, BT FinFET, Saddle and advanced recess type, and storage capacitor realizations
- How sub 100 nm trench DRAM technologies and sub 50 nm stacked DRAM technologies and related topics may lead to new research
- Various types of leakages and power consumption reduction methods in active and sleep mode
- Various types of SAs and yield enhancement techniques employing ECC and redundancy
A worthwhile addition to semiconductor memory research, academicians and researchers interested in the design and optimization of high-density and cost-efficient DRAMs may also find it useful as part of a graduate-level course.