Blender and Unity together is the ultimate toolkit for the indie developer looking to make amazing games for free. This book takes an in-depth look, in easy-to-follow language, at how these amazing tools work together practically to produce high quality games. Explore how to create game content inside Blender, from models and animations to textures and video, and then see optimal workflows for exporting that content straight to Unity, quickly and easily. See tips, techniques and features for editing content between the two applications.
- Interoperability between Unity and Blender
- The book has illustrated steps, to guide you along the way, and also has an associated website with additional video content
- Unique in the Unity/Blender field
- This is the only dedicated and current Blender-to-Unity tips and tricks book available on the market
- This is a dedicated Blender-to-Unity workflows book, featuring practical steps that can dramatically increase your productivity when working with these two applications
Alan Thorn is a multidisciplinary game developer, author and educator with 16 years industry experience. He makes games for PC desktop, Mobile and VR. He founded 'Wax Lyrical Games' and created the award-winning game 'Baron Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok', working as designer, programmer and artist. He has written twenty technical books on game development and presented fifteen video training courses. These cover game-play programming, Unity development, 3D modelling and animation. He has worked in game development education as a visiting lecturer for the 'National Film and Television School', as a Lead Teacher for 'Uppingham School', and as a Senior Lecturer at 'Teesside University'.