Environmental Consulting Fundamentals: Investigation, Remediation, and Brownfields Redevelopment, Second Edition
- 出版商: CRC
- 出版日期: 2019-06-24
- 售價: $3,980
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $3,781
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 412
- 裝訂: Hardcover - also called cloth, retail trade, or trade
- ISBN: 1138613207
- ISBN-13: 9781138613201
Environmental Consulting Fundamentals: Investigation, Remediation, and Brownfields Redevelopment, Second Edition is a primer for those interested in a career in this dynamic, multidisciplinary field as well as a handy reference for practicing consultants. Combining theory and practice advice into a concise, readable format, the book is an accessible introduction to the types of projects you will encounter as an environmental consultant and lays the groundwork for what you'll need to know in this challenging and rewarding profession.
New in the Second Edition
- Covers the latest environmental issues, including emerging contaminants, and the latest technological advances in environmental investigation and remediation
- New chapters dedicated to vapor intrusion investigation and mitigation and to Brownfields redevelopment and project financing.
- An expanded chapter describing the staffing, budgeting, and execution of environmental projects.
- Descriptions of the remediation processes under RCRA and Superfund
- Descriptions on how each chapter's subject matter applies to the job of the environmental consultant.
- Dozens of new figures, photographs, and tables designed to enhance the reader's understanding of the subject matter.
- Problems and questions to be used for homework assignments or classroom discussions.
Benjamin Alter has been an environmental consultant for over 30 years. He is a Principal and Senior Vice President with GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. in its Fairfield, New Jersey office. Prior to becoming a consultant, Alter was a geophysicist in the oil industry, tasked with exploring for oil and natural gas along the Gulf Coast. He has a Bachelor of Science degree in geology and mathematics from SUNY/Albany, a Master of Science degree in geophysics from Cornell University, and a Master of Business Administration degree in finance and management from Columbia University.
As an environmental consultant, he has designed and managed multiple remedial investigations and remediations and has conducted hundreds of site assessments throughout the United States. Alter has provided litigation services for numerous hazardous waste cases and has been a key contributor in the development of New Jersey's Licensed Site Remediation Professional (LSRP) program. He sits on the Board of Trustees of the LSRP Association and co-chairs its College Outreach Committee. He also sits on the Board of Trustees of the LSRPA Foundation, which he founded. The LSRPAF provides scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in becoming environmental consultants in the State of New Jersey.
Alter was an adjunct professor at the Hunter College School of Health Sciences in New York City from 2000 to 2009, which was the initial source of inspiration for this book. He has published numerous articles and given numerous presentations on environmental investigations and remediations and currently teaches a continuing education course entitled, "Environmental Due Diligence in New Jersey".