Project Management: Systems, Principles, and Applications, Second Edition
Badiru, Adedeji B.
The goal of the new edition is to continue with a systems view of the world. For a more robust and worldwide market dissemination, the new edition has changed to a reference book. The project systems approach to project management, is needed in executing projects across countries and across cultures, which is a crucial requirement in today's globalized and intertwined economics. The book uses ample graphical representations to clarify the concepts and techniques presented. The case examples help to reinforce the topics covered. Several illustrative examples and practice exercises are included. Each chapter is updated and new chapters include Project Simulation and Project Templates. A new chapter on managing complex projects in an age of artificial intelligence adds a unique value to the book.
- Highlights contemporary best practices of project management
- Uses a systems framework to integrate quantitative and qualitative tools
- Offers illustrative examples and practice exercises
- Covers project schedule performance appraisal techniques
- Discusses the knowledge areas contained in the Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Presents software applications for project management, as well as case examples
Adedeji Badiru is a Professor of Systems Engineering at the Graduate School of Engineering and Management at the Air Force Institute of Technology. He is a registered professional engineer (PE), a certified Project Management Professional (PMP), a Fellow of the Institute of Industrial Engineers, and a Fellow of the Nigerian Academy of Engineering. His areas of interest include mathematical modeling, project modeling, economic analysis, and productivity analysis and improvement. He has been recognized with numerous awards for his teaching, research, service, publications, and managerial accomplishments.