Database System Concepts, 7/e (Paperback)
Abraham Silberschatz , Henry Korth, S. Sudarshan
- 出版商: McGraw-Hill Education
- 出版日期: 2019-01-01
- 售價: $1,200
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,140
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 1379
- ISBN: 1260084507
- ISBN-13: 9781260084504
$454Spring 實戰, 4/e (Spring in Action, 4/e)
$759Data Visualization with Python: Your guide to understanding your data
Now in its seventh edition. Silberschatz, Korth, and Sudarshan's Database System Concepts is one of the cornerstone texts of database education. It presents the fundamental concepts of database management in an intuitive manner. Chapters 1 to 11 cover concepts and techniques needed to use databases, and to design and build applications. Chapters 12 to 23 cover concepts and techniques related to database internals. while Chapters 24 to 26 cover advanced material. Concepts are presented in a general setting that is not tied to one particular database system. but are annotated with details needed to enable hands-on exercises on specific database systems. Familiarity with basic data structures, computer organization, and a high-level programming language are the only prerequisites.
The overall style of the prior editions has been retained, while the content and organization continues to evolve to reflect the major changes that have occurred In recent years.
New to the Seventh Edition
- Extensive coverage of Big Data systems. from the user perspective (Chapter 10), as well as from an internal perspective (Chapters 20 - 23).
- Updates to all the internal chapters to reflect current-generation technology, such as solid-state disks, main-memory databases, multi-core systems, and parallel and distributed databases.
- Additional coverage of semi-structured data management using JSON, RDF, and SPARQL.
- Updated coverage of temporal data, data analytics. and advanced indexing techniques such as write-optimized indices.
- Reorganization and update of chapters to better support courses with a significant hands-on component, including use of current-generation application development tools and Big Data systems such as Apache Hadoop and Spark.
- New chapter on Blockchain Databases (Chapter 26) that introduces blockchain technology and its growing role in enterprise applications.
- Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
Part 1: Relational Languages
Chapter 2: Introduction to the Relational Model
Chapter 3: Introduction to SQL
Chapter 4: Intermediate SQL
Chapter 5: Advanced SQL
Part II: Database Design
Chapter 6: Database Design Using the E-R Model
Chapter 7: Relational Database Design
Part III: Application Design and Development
Chapter 8: Complex Data Types
Chapter 9: Application Development
Part IV: Big Data Analytics
Chapter 10: Big Data
Chapter 11: Data Analytics
Part V: Storage Management and Indexing
Chapter 12: Physical Storage Systems
Chapter 13: Data Storage Structures
Chapter 14: Indexing
Part VI: Query Processing and Optimization
Chapter 15: Query Processing
Chapter 16: Query Optimization
Part VII: Transaction Management
Chapter 17: Transactions
Chapter 18: Concurrency Control
Chapter 19: Recovery System
Part VIII: Parallel and Distributed Databases
Chapter 20: Database-System Architectures
Chapter 21: Parallel and Distributed Storage
Chapter 22: Parallel and Distributed Query Processing
Chapter 23: Parallel and Distributed Transaction Processing
Part IX: Advanced Topics
Chapter 24: Advanced Indexing Techniques
Chapter 25: Advanced Application Development
Chapter 26: Blockchain Databases
Part X: Appendix A
Appendix A: Detailed University Schema
Part XI: Online Chapters
Chapter 27: Formal Relational Query Languages
Chapter 28: Advanced Relational Database Design
Chapter 29: Object-Based Databases
Chapter 30: XML
Chapter 31: Information Retrieval
Chapter 32: PostgreSQL