Service Management: Operations, Strategy, Information Technology, 9/e (Paperback)
James A. Fitzsimmons , Sanjeev Bordoloi , Mona J. Fitzsimmons
- 出版商: McGraw-Hill Education
- 出版日期: 2018-05-17
- 售價: $1,160
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $1,137
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 520
- ISBN: 1260092429
- ISBN-13: 9781260092424
1. The book is written in an engaging literary style, makes extensive use of examples, and is based on the research and consulting experience of the authors.
2. The theme of managing services for competitive advantage is emphasized in each chapter and provides a focus for each management topic.
3. The integration of technology, operations, and human behavior is recognized as central to effective service management.
4. Emphasis is placed on the need for continuous improvement in quality and productivity in order to compete effectively in a global environment.
5. To motivate the reader, a vignette of a well-known company starts each chapter, illustrating the strategic nature of the topic to be covered.
6. Each chapter has a preview, closing summary, key terms and definitions, service benchmark, topics for discussion, an interactive exercise, solved problems and exercises when appropriate, and one or more cases.
PART I: UNDERSTANDING SERVICES
Ch 1 The Service Economy
Ch 2 Service Strategy
PART II: DESIGNING THE SERVICE ENTERPRISE
Ch 3 New Service Development
Ch 4 The Service Encounter
Ch 5 Supporting Facility and Process Flows
Ch 6 Service Quality
Ch 7 Process Improvement
Ch 8 Service Facility Location
PART III: MANAGING SERVICE OPERATIONS
Ch 9 Service Supply Relationships
Ch 10 Globalization of Services
Ch 11 Managing Capacity and Demand
Ch 12 Managing Waiting Lines
Ch 13 Capacity Planning and Queuing Models
PART IV: QUANTITATIVE MODELS FOR SERVICE MANAGEMENT
Ch 14 Forecasting Demand for Services
Ch 15 Managing Service Inventory
Ch 16 Managing Service Projects