The new Must Know series is like a lightning bolt to the brain
Every school subject has must know ideas, or essential concepts, that lie behind it. This book will use that fact to help you learn in a unique way. Most study guides start a chapter with a set of goals, often leaving the starting point unclear. In Must Know High School Computer Programming, however, each chapter will immediately introduce you to the must know idea, or ideas, that lie behind the new programming topic. As you learn these must know ideas, the book will show you how to apply that knowledge to solving computer programming problems.
Focused on the essential concepts of computer programming, this accessible guide will help you develop a solid understanding of the subject quickly and painlessly. Clear explanations are accompanied by numerous examples and followed with more challenging aspects of computer programming. Practical exercises close each chapter and will instill you with confidence in your growing programming skills.
Must Know High School Computer Programming features:
• Each chapter begins with the must know ideas behind the new topic
• Extensive examples illustrate these must know ideas
• Students learn how to apply this new knowledge to problem solving
• Skills that can be applied to a number of courses, including Object Oriented Programming, Game Design, Robotics, AP Computer Science Principles, and AP Computer Science A
• A robotics project that will bring computer programming to (electronic!) life
• 250 practical review questions instill confidence
• IRL (In Real Life) sidebars present real-life examples of the subject at work in culture, science, and history
• Special BTW (By the Way) sidebars provide study tips, exceptions to the rule, and issues students should pay extra attention to
• Bonus app includes 100 flashcards to reinforce what students have learned
Julie Sway teaches AP Computer Science A, AP Computer Science Principles, Introduction to Programming, and Web Design at Brookstone School, in Columbus, Georgia.