Statistics for Management and Economics, Abbreviated, 10/e (Hardcover)
Emphasizing applications over calculation, worldwide-bestseller STATISTICS FOR MANAGEMENT AND ECONOMICS, ABBREVIATED 10E demonstrates how vital statistical methods are for today's managers and economists−and teaches students how to apply these tools to real business problems. Written specifically for the one-term modern business statistics course, the text uses a unique three-step "ICI" approach to problem solving. This approach teaches students to IDENTIFY the correct statistical technique by focusing on the problem objective and data type, then COMPUTE the statistics (doing them by hand, using Excel® 2013, or using MINITAB 16), and ultimately INTERPRET results in the context of the problem. This also enhances student comprehension and skills while offering instructors maximum flexibility. Incorporating various functional areas of business, data-driven examples, exercises, and cases give students plenty of hands-on practice applying statistical applications used by marketing managers, financial analysts, accountants, economists, and others. Completely current, the ABBREVIATED 10e also includes updated figure and data tables, access to Data Analysis Plus via the textbook companion website, and Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero−the ultimate online testing resource.
- Instructors can use the data sets for hundreds of additional examples and exercises.
- "Do-It-Yourself Excel" subsections teach students how to compute confidence interval estimators and hypothesis tests on their own.
- Available as an option for this text, Aplia™ for gives students an easy way to stay on top of coursework with regularly scheduled assignments and a full eBook, and allows you to easily set up a complete online learning solution without requiring a lot of setup and time.
- Emphasis on identification and interpretation equips students with practical skills they can apply to real-world problems--whether your course uses manual or computer calculations.
- Students have the opportunity to convert real data into information, and the optional use of the computer allows for larger and more realistic exercises and examples.
- Numerous data files and corresponding problems ask students to interpret statistical results, giving them plenty of hands-on practice with data analysis and decision-making.
- Reflecting the latest trends and developments from the field, STATISTICS FOR MANAGEMENT & ECONOMICS, ABBREVIATED, 10e is completely up to date and integrates new coverage and techniques from Excel® 2013 and MINITAB® 16−including numerous screenshots−throughout the text.
- Revised end-of-chapter exercises provide multiple assignment options for instructors and new learning opportunities for students.
- Updated figure and data tables include the most current data and information available.Providing a unique personal learning experience, the MindTap™ Reader available in Aplia or CengageNOW is an enhanced and interactive eBook to help students maximize their study time−and course success.
- Delivering the ultimate testing resource, Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions; create various test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want. The Cognero Test Bank content is tagged according to Tier I (Business Program Interdisciplinary Learning Outcomes) and Tier II (Business Statistics-specific) standards, topic, Bloom's Taxonomy, and difficulty level.
- Table of Contents
1. What is Statistics?
2. Graphical Descriptive Techniques I.
3. Graphical Descriptive Techniques II.
4. Numerical Descriptive Techniques.
5. Data Collection and Sampling.
7. Random Variables and Discrete Probability Distributions.
8. Continuous Probability Distributions.
9. Sampling Distributions.
10. Introduction to Estimation.
11. Introduction to Hypothesis Testing.
12. Inference about a Population.
13. Inference about Comparing Two Populations.
14. Analysis of Variance.
15. Chi-Squared Tests.
16. Simple Linear Regression and Correlation.
17. Multiple Regression.
Appendix A: Data File Sample Statistics.
Appendix B: Tables.
Appendix C: Answers to Selected Even-Numbered Exercises.