Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firm, 16/e (IE-Paperback)
Kenneth C. Laudon, Jane P. Laudon
- 出版商: Pearson FT Press
- 出版日期: 2020-01-01
- 售價: $1,320
- 貴賓價: 9.8 折 $1,294
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 656
- ISBN: 1292296569
- ISBN-13: 9781292296562
· Updated - Chapter 11 has been rewritten with new coverage of artificial intelligence, including machine learning, natural language systems, computer vision systems, and robotics, reflecting surging interest in business uses of AI.
· Expanded - Coverage of social business now examines “deep learning,” supervised learning, unsupervised learning, edge computing, 5G networks, general data protection regulation (GDPR), blockchain, data lake, distributed database, and FinTech.
· Updated - The text, figures, tables, and cases have been updated with the latest sources from industry and MIS research as of September 2018.
· New - Interactive Sessions are two short cases per chapter redesigned as active learning opportunities for use in the classroom or on online discussion boards. Each case concludes with case study questions.
· Hands-on MIS Projects at the end of each chapter include three project types: management decision problems; a software exercise using Microsoft® Excel™, Access™, or web page and blog creation tools; and a project that develops Internet business skills.
· A Collaboration and Teamwork Project in each chapter develops teamwork and presentation skills, with options for using open source collaboration tools such as Google Drive™ or Google Docs™.
Student-focused learning with real-world applications
· Learning objectives are organized around study questions to focus student attention. Each chapter concludes with a review summary and review questions drawing on these study questions.
· Updated - Case studies using current examples show how well-known companies use information systems to achieve business objectives, including Uber®, NFL®, Facebook®, Crayola®, Walmart®, Amazon®, Google®, Starbucks®, and GE®.
· New - A Career Opportunities section, a new feature of each chapter, helps students use this text as a tool for job hunting and career building. It includes an entry-level job description related to chapter topics, business-related questions that might arise during an interview, and tips for answering those questions and preparing for the interview.
PART ONE: ORGANIZATIONS, MANAGEMENT, AND THE NETWORKED ENTERPRISE
1. Information Systems in Global Business Today
2. Global E-Business and Collaboration
3. Information Systems, Organizations, and Strategy
4. Ethical and Social Issues in Information Systems
PART TWO: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY INFRASTRUCTURE
5. IT Infrastructure and Emerging Technologies
6. Foundations of Business Intelligence: Databases and Information Management
7. Telecommunications, the Internet, and Wireless Technology
8. Securing Information Systems
PART THREE: KEY SYSTEM APPLICATIONS FOR THE DIGITAL AGE
9. Achieving Operational Excellence and Customer Intimacy: Enterprise Applications
10. E-commerce: Digital Markets, Digital Goods
11. Managing Knowledge and Artificial Intelligence
12. Enhancing Decision Making
PART FOUR: BUILDING AND MANAGING SYSTEMS
13. Building Information Systems
14. Managing Projects
15. Managing Global Systems