Facebook API Developers Guide (Firstpress)
- 出版商: Apress
- 出版日期: 2008-02-28
- 售價: $1,111
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,055
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 100
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1430209690
- ISBN-13: 9781430209690
The Facebook API allows web developers to create Facebook applications and access Facebook data from other applications. Facebook API Developers Guide covers the use and implementation of the Facebook API—what the key features are and how you can access them. You will learn, through practical examples, the main features of the Facebook API including an introduction to the API–specific languages FQL and FBML. These examples are further supported by the introduction of other technologies like language libraries, relational database management systems, and XML.
- Covers all key features of the Facebook API
- Explains the API languages FQL and FBML
- Teaches by example, with useful code and tips you can use in your own applications
What you’ll learn
- Provides “real” language description of the API that’s easy to understand
- Presents multiple API examples that you can use in your own projects
- Fills holes in the official documentation
- Demonstrates integration with other technologies
- Illustrates how adoption of social–technical behavior shapes technology design
- Shows that Facebook development is fun!
Who is this book for?
This book is for web developers wanting to learn how to leverage the API in their own applications or how to create bespoke applications in Facebook. It will also appeal to Facebook users who are interested in using the API to develop their own programs. The code in the book is aimed at the beginner–to–intermediate level, so you don’t need to be a pro to use it, but some programming or web development experience is recommended.