Joomla!, exclamation point and all, is one of the most searched–for and hired–for open source content management systems in the world. Since 2007, the combination of Joomla! and Dan Rahmel’s bestselling Beginning Joomla!, From Novice to Professional have made it so that all you have to do is read a single book to learn how to build sites that take community–authored content and turn it instantly into published web pages with all the latest features like rich templating, community member profile management, forums, photo management, and article commenting.
Now revised and updated for the new Joomla! 1.6, this second edition “job–in–a–book” provides the solid core of know–how that you’ll need to get the most out of your Joomla! deployment, written to fully exploit the features of latest version of Joomla!. More than just a simple “build a toy web site” guide, Beginning Joomla!, Second Edition will give you a wealth of life–saving tips, tricks, tools, and fixes that experienced Joomla! developers use to build powerful, popular web sites while avoiding major headaches. This book covers
- How to use content versioning and multi–blogger support, among the latest changes to Joomla!
- Access management and how documents, photos, and other content are managed in Joomla! 1.6
- E–commerce integration, search engine optimization, and even extending Joomla! by creating your own plug–ins
- And much more
Dan Rahmel explores the latest updates to Joomla! 1.6 that you’ll need if you already use Joomla! and explains, using the latest terms, how to build a web site from scratch if you don’t already use Joomla! An update to the best–selling Joomla! title on the market, this is the Joomla! book to get.
What you’ll learn
- The best way to set up a Joomla! installation and web server
- Creating a Joomla! site, from idea to execution
- The latest features of Joomla! and how to leverage them
Who is this book for
This book is for current and prospective web developers interested in using the Joomla! content management system, as well as for any web user seeking to learn how to self–publish for a community.