The Definitive Guide to Plone,2/e (Paperback)
- 出版商: Apress
- 出版日期: 2009-04-27
- 定價: $1,575
- 售價: 1.9 折 $299
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 376
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1430218932
- ISBN-13: 9781430218937
The Definitive Guide to Plone, Second Edition has been completely updated to cover the latest version of Plone and its newest features. This book provides a complete and detailed overview of Plone. It is divided into three parts, which cover using, configuring, and developing and customizing Plone. After the coverage of Plone’s features, the case studies in the final part of the book reveal the true power of Plone. These case studies demonstrate Plone’s ability to handle all kinds of requirements, while retaining an easy–to–use interface for users. As when you’re working with Plone itself, you can choose where to start in this book and how best to apply it to your own needs.
With Plone, anyone can manage a website or work with an efficient intranet. Start reading The Definitive Guide to Plone, Second Edition right away, and the World Wide Web will be yours!
- Fully covers content management with Plone in Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- Shows how to configure, administer, and maintain Plone
- Details the development of custom applications with Plone
- Includes case studies that show how Plone is already being deployed across networks and businesses
What you’ll learn
In this book you will learn:
- Plone development fundamentals
- How to customize Plone to develop new functionality
- About the design and architecture of Plone
- How to use relational databases with Plone
- How to integrate Plone with other applications
- How to optimize and improve the performance of Plone websites
- How to secure Plone websites
- How to internationalize/localize Plone websites
- How to create and use the publication work flow
Who is this book for?
This book serves as both an introduction to those who have never used this powerful CMS and as a reference for those wishing to expand and deepen their knowledge of Plone–in short, all Plone users and all those who want to use an open source CMS.