Scripting Intelligence: Web 3.0 Information, Gathering and Processing (Paperback)
- 出版商: Apress
- 出版日期: 2009-07-01
- 售價: $299
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 392
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1430223510
- ISBN-13: 9781430223511
While Web 2.0 was about data, Web 3.0 is about knowledge and information. Scripting Intelligence: Web 3.0 Information Gathering and Processing offers the reader Ruby scripts for intelligent information management in a Web 3.0 environment—including information extraction from text, using Semantic Web technologies, information gathering (relational database metadata, web scraping, Wikipedia, Freebase), combining information from multiple sources, and strategies for publishing processed information. This book will be a valuable tool for anyone needing to gather, process, and publish web or database information across the modern web environment.
- Text processing recipes, including speech tagging and automatic summarization
- Gathering, visualizing, and publishing information from the Semantic Web
- Information gathering from traditional sources such as relational databases and web sites
What you’ll learn
- Gather and process information within the Web 3.0 environment.
- See the flexibility of scripting with Ruby to gather and process information.
- Extract text from various document formats.
- Work with the RDF data model and SPARQL query language, the foundations of the Semantic Web.
- Use GraphViz for data visualization.
- Extract information from relational databases and web sites.
Who is this book for?
- Anyone needing to gather and display information available in electronic formats
- Programmers needing to tag, summarize, or publish information
- Ruby programmers and computer enthusiasts interested in seeing what Ruby can do with information management and Semantic Web tools
- Academic researchers needing to extract and organize information in a more automated way.