Pro SQL Server 2008 Administration
Ken Simmons, Sylvester Carstarphen
Pro SQL Server 2008 Administration is critical for database administrators seeking in-depth knowledge on administering SQL Server 2008. This book covers the impact of the new features available in SQL Server 2008 specifically targeted for database administrators, along with the tried-and-true advanced techniques required to support and maintain Microsoft SQL Server.
- Introduces new administration features of SQL Server 2008
- Shows how to manage a SQL Server 2008 database at professional level
- Provides guidance on performance optimization
What you'll learn
- Take advantage of the new administrative features in SQL Server 2008
- Make intelligent decisions when choosing an installation or upgrade path
- Define and implement database policies to create a consistent, predictable environment throughout the organization
- Automate repetitive Tasks for increased productivity
- Create baseline monitors using Performance Monitor, Profiler, and System Dynamic Management views
- Identify and resolve long-running, I/O, and CPU-intensive queries
Who is this book for?
This book is for junior and seasoned database administrators who are looking to develop their knowledge and skill set in Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
About the Apress Pro Series
The Apress Pro series books are practical, professional tutorials to keep you on and moving up the professional ladder.
You have gotten the job, now you need to hone your skills in these tough competitive times. The Apress Pro series expands your skills and expertise in exactly the areas you need. Master the content of a Pro book, and you will always be able to get the job done in a professional development project. Written by experts in their field, Pro series books from Apress give you the hard–won solutions to problems you will face in your professional programming career.