Expert SQL Server 2008 Encryption
Michael Coles, Rodney Landrum
Every day organizations large and small fall victim to attacks on their data. Encryption provides a shield to help defend against intruders. Because of increasing pressure from government regulators, consumers, and the business community at large, the job descriptions of SQL DBAs and developers are expanding to include encryption. Expert SQL Server 2008 Encryption will show you how to efficiently implement SQL Server 2008 encryption functionality and features to secure your organizational data.
- Introduces encryption, guiding readers through its implementation in SQL Server
- Demonstrates advanced techniques such as the use of hardware security modules
- Covers all that a SQL Server database administrator needs to know about encryption
What you'll learn
- Take advantage of hardware security modules via extensible key management
- Implement targeted encryption of individual columns
- Secure an entire database at once with Transparent Data Encryption
- Encrypt disk volumes using BitLocker encryption
- Effectively design and manage encryption as part of your total security solution
- Digitally sign documents stored in your database
Who is this book for?
The audience for this book includes SQL Server DBAs, SQL developers, and .NET developers who want to take advantage of the powerful encryption functionality available in SQL Server 2008. The new features of SQL Server 2008 provide a powerful set of tools to secure your most sensitive data, helping protect it from theft.