Are you new to the Macintosh experience and iLife? Or are you someone who wants to know the ins and outs of Apple’s powerful media creation tools? Either way, you have come to right place. iLife '11 Made Simple will guide you through the iLife apps and help you become a power user in no time.
iLife '11 Made Simple lets you be creative with iPhoto, iDVD, iMovie, iWeb, and GarageBand—from the initial welcome screen to the last menu item. Even though iTunes is not part of the retail package, it is an important part of the creation or sharing process and is covered in this book as well. You'll also learn how iLife apps work on iOS devices as well as how they work with iCloud.
So, if you just want to learn how to create a basic movie, song or website, iLife '11 Made Simple is perfect for you. Want to become a media mogul in any of the covered applications? After reading this manual, you'll be swept into the creative process and be well on your way to creating or enhancing your next iLife masterpiece! You already own the most powerful and easy-to-use computer in the known universe. With this guide in hand, you'll see how Apple applies its magic to incredible software packages as well.
What you’ll learn
- Edit and share photos with iPhoto
- In-depth features of iDVD
- Simplify the arcane magic behind video editing with iMovie
- Easy web publishing with iWeb
- Make music or even get started learning an instrument with GarageBand
- Make the most of all the features of iTunes
Who this book is for
Mac and iDevice users, whether new or experienced, who want to get the most out of their iLife '11 applications.
Table of Contents
- Getting Around Your Digital Darkroom
- Setting Your Sights on iPhoto's Menus
- Getting Your Memories into the Digital Darkroom
- Creating and Sharing Personalized Photo Keepsakes
- Faces and Places
- And Now...A slideshow!
- Beginner DVD creation via iDVD
- iDVD workspace: The Widescreen Edition
- Burning Questions About iDVD Menus
- Welcome to Web Creation the iWeb Way!
- When in Doubt in iWeb, Go to the Inspector!
- Bookmark This Chapter on iWeb Menus!
- Lights...Camera...Themes...iMovie Workspaces!!
- iMovie Advanced Features: The Inspector, Ken Burns Effect, and More
- Calling the Shots on the iMovie Menus
- Rockin’ Around the GarageBand Sidebar
- Fiddlin’ with the Functions Around the GarageBand Workspace
- Help Composing Your Songs with Notes on GarageBand Menus
- Navigating iTunes via Its Sidebar and Workspace Views
- Getting media into and out of iTunes
- iTunes—Everything about the Workspace Except the Kitchen "Sync"
- How to Become an Efficient Media Mogul by Using the iTunes Menus
- iLife on the iPad
- A Glimpse into iCloud