- Create all kinds of charts using the latest technologies available on browsers (HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, jqPlot, D3, Highcharts, and SVG)
- This book provides a number of tools that can be the starting point for any project requiring graphical representations of data, whether using commercial libraries or your own
What you’ll learn
- Learn the jqPlot, D3, Highcharts, CSS, jQuery and SVG basics.
- Discover which charts can best represent your data.
- Switch from a vision of a chart sent from a server as a static image to a highly dynamic one, in which the user is able to interact in real time.
- Perform input data manipulation to increase chart readability.
- Develop your own graphic library.
Who this book is for
Table of Contents
- Charting Technology Overview
- jQuery Basics
- Simple HTML Tables
- Drawing a Line Chart
- Drawing a Bar Chart
- Drawing a Pie Chart
- Creating a Library for Simple Charts
- Introducing jqPlot
- Line Charts with jqPlot
- Bar Charts with jqPlot
- Pie Charts with jqPlot
- Candlestick Charts with jqPlot
- Bubble Charts with jqPlot
- Other Charts with jqPlot
- Adding Controls to Charts
- Embedding jqPlot Charts in jQuery Widgets
- Handling Input Data
- Moving from jqPlot to Highcharts
- Introducing D3
- Line Charts with D3
- Bar Charts with D3
- Pie Charts with D3
- Candlestick Charts with D3
- Scatterplot and Bubble Charts with D3
- Radar Charts with D3
- Handling Live Data with D3
- App A: Guidelines for the Examples in the Book
- App B: jqPlot Plugins