Expert Oracle Database Architecture
Thomas Kyte, Darl Kuhn
$2965G 物聯網及 NB-IoT 技術詳解
Now in its third edition, this best-selling book continues to bring you some of the best thinking on how to apply Oracle Database to produce scalable applications that perform well and deliver correct results. Tom Kyte and Darl Kuhn share a simple philosophy: "you can treat Oracle as a black box and just stick data into it, or you can understand how it works and exploit it as a powerful computing environment." If you choose the latter, then you’ll find that there are few information management problems that you cannot solve quickly and elegantly.
This fully revised third edition covers the developments up to Oracle Database 12c. Significant new content is included surrounding Oracle's new cloud feature set, and especially the use of pluggable databases. Each feature is taught in a proof-by-example manner, not only discussing what it is, but also how it works, how to implement software using it, and the common pitfalls associated with it.
Don’t treat Oracle Database as a black-box. Get this book. Get under the hood. Turbo-charge your career.
- Revised to cover Oracle Database 12c
- Proof-by-example approach: Let the evidence be your guide
- Dives deeply into Oracle Database’s most powerful features
What youll learn
- Develop an evidence-based approach to problem solving
- Manage transactions in highly concurrent environments
- Speed access to data through table and index design
- Manage files and memory structures for performance and reliability
- Scale up through partitioning and parallel processing
- Load and unload data to interface with external systems
Who this book is for
Expert Oracle Database Architecture is aimed at Oracle Database administrators, at PL/SQL and Java developers writing code to be deployed inside the database, and at developers of external applications who use Oracle Database as a data store. It is the go-to book for those wishing to create efficient and scalable applications.
Table of Contents
- Developing Successful Oracle Applications
- Architecture Overview
- Memory Structures
- Oracle Processes
- Locking and Latching
- Concurrency and Multi-versioning
- Redo and Undo
- Database Tables
- Parallel Execution
- Data Loading and Unloading