Learn Design for Android
Learn Design for Android Development is for you if you're an Android app developer and you want to design your own apps to look great and be in tune with the latest UI guidelines. You'll learn how to design your apps to work with the Android SDK look and feel, which your users expect within their latest apps.
This book guides you through the design processes that you can apply to design your own apps brilliantly. We'll start at the idea stages of your apps, and you'll see how you can analyze and apply the right design patterns for every app you are coding, use wireframing tools to take your ideas forward, and use Photoshop to create the visual assets you want to look great in your app.
You'll understand why Google have made the decisions they've made with the Android SDK interface and new UI/UX guidelines, and from that insight you'll be able to envision and create your own apps, on Android smartphones and tablets, that work perfectly within the Android interface.
What you’ll learn
- How to design great looking games and apps your users will find a pleasure to use
- How to use Google's User Interface Guidelines
- How to go beyond Google's guidelines to create innovative apps
- How to apply basic design patterns and how you can use them
- How to use wireframes to create your app
- How to use Adobe Photoshop and GIMP to create the visual assets for your apps
- How to create your app's icon and additional graphics for the app stores
- How to design apps for tablets
- How apply common design best practices
- How to avoid common mistakes
Who this book is for
This book is for Android developers who know that they can code well and who want to know how they can build apps to also have brilliant designs. This book is especially for those developers building game apps for Android.