Machine-to-Machine Communications: Architectures, Technology, Standards, and Applications (Hardcover)
Vojislav B. Misic, Jelena Misic
- 出版商: CRC
- 出版日期: 2014-06-25
- 售價: $5,750
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $5,463
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 348
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 1466561238
- ISBN-13: 9781466561236
$399Satellite Networking: Principles and Protocols (Hardcover)
$2,913Engineering Principles of Combat Modeling and Distributed Simulation (Hardcover)
$2,752Networks and Services: Carrier Ethernet, PBT, MPLS-TP, and VPLS (Hardcover)
$2,880Next Generation Wireless Communications Using Radio over Fiber (Hardcover)
$990Software Defined Networks: A Comprehensive Approach (Paperback)
With the number of machine-to-machine (M2M)–enabled devices projected to reach 20 to 50 billion by 2020, there is a critical need to understand the demands imposed by such systems. Machine-to-Machine Communications: Architectures, Technology, Standards, and Applications offers rigorous treatment of the many facets of M2M communication, including its integration with current technology.
Presenting the work of a different group of international experts in each chapter, the book begins by supplying an overview of M2M technology. It considers proposed standards, cutting-edge applications, architectures, and traffic modeling and includes case studies that highlight the differences between traditional and M2M communications technology.
- Details a practical scheme for the forward error correction code design
- Investigates the effectiveness of the IEEE 802.15.4 low data rate wireless personal area network standard for use in M2M communications
- Identifies algorithms that will ensure functionality, performance, reliability, and security of M2M systems
- Illustrates the relationship between M2M systems and the smart power grid
- Presents techniques to ensure integration with and adaptation of existing communication systems to carry M2M traffic
Providing authoritative insights into the technologies that enable M2M communications, the book discusses the challenges posed by the use of M2M communications in the smart grid from the aspect of security and proposes an efficient intrusion detection system to deal with a number of possible attacks. After reading this book, you will develop the understanding required to solve problems related to the design, deployment, and operation of M2M communications networks and systems.