A Course in Mathematical Methods for Physicists (Paperback)
Herman, Russell L.
- 出版商: CRC
- 出版日期: 2013-12-04
- 售價: $1,350
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 776
- 裝訂: Quality Paper - also called trade paper
- ISBN: 146658467X
- ISBN-13: 9781466584679
Based on the author's junior-level undergraduate course, this introductory textbook is designed for a course in mathematical physics. Focusing on the physics of oscillations and waves, A Course in Mathematical Methods for Physicists helps students understand the mathematical techniques needed for their future studies in physics. It takes a bottom-up approach that emphasizes physical applications of the mathematics.
The book offers:
- A quick review of mathematical prerequisites, proceeding to applications of differential equations and linear algebra
- Classroom-tested explanations of complex and Fourier analysis for trigonometric and special functions
- Coverage of vector analysis and curvilinear coordinates for solving higher dimensional problems
- Sections on nonlinear dynamics, variational calculus, numerical solutions of differential equations, and Green's functions