Imaging of the Cardiovascular System, Thorax, and Abdomen (Hardcover)
Luca Saba (Editor)
- 出版商: CRC
- 出版日期: 2016-06-22
- 售價: $10,250
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $9,738
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 647
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 1482216264
- ISBN-13: 9781482216264
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a technique used in biomedical imaging and radiology to visualize internal structures of the body. Because MRI provides excellent contrast between different soft tissues, the technique is especially useful for diagnostic imaging of the brain, muscles, and heart.
In the past 20 years, MRI technology has improved significantly with the introduction of systems up to 7 Tesla (7 T) and with the development of numerous post-processing algorithms such as diffusion tensor imaging (DTI), functional MRI (fMRI), and spectroscopic imaging. From these developments, the diagnostic potentialities of MRI have improved impressively with an exceptional spatial resolution and the possibility of analyzing the morphology and function of several kinds of pathology.
Given these exciting developments, the Magnetic Resonance Imaging Handbook: Imaging of the Cardiovascular System, Thorax, and Abdomen is a timely addition to the growing body of literature in the field. Offering comprehensive coverage of cutting-edge imaging modalities, this book:
- Discusses MRI of the heart, blood vessels, lungs, breasts, diaphragm, liver, gallbladder, spleen, pancreas, adrenal glands, and gastrointestinal tract
- Explains how MRI can be used in vascular, posttraumatic, postsurgical, and computer-aided diagnostic (CAD) applications
- Highlights each organ’s anatomy and pathological processes with high-quality images
- Examines the protocols and potentialities of advanced MRI scanners such as 7 T systems
- Includes extensive references at the end of each chapter to enhance further study
Thus, the Magnetic Resonance Imaging Handbook: Imaging of the Cardiovascular System, Thorax, and Abdomen provides radiologists and imaging specialists with a valuable, state-of-the-art reference on MRI.