Pro Oracle Fusion Applications is your one-stop source for help with installing Oracle’s Fusion Applications suite in your on-premise environment. It also aids in the monitoring and ongoing administration of your Fusion environment. Author Tushar Thakker is widely known for his writings and expertise on Oracle Fusion Applications, and now he brings his accumulated wisdom to you in the form of this convenient handbook.
Provisioning an Oracle Fusion Applications infrastructure is a daunting task. You’ll have to plan a suitable topology and install the required database, an enterprise-wide identity management solution, and the applications themselves—all while working with a wide variety of people who may not always be accustomed to working together. Pro Oracle Fusion Applications provides a path to success that you won’t want to be without.
Beyond installation, Pro Oracle Fusion Applications provides excellent guidance on managing, monitoring, diagnostics, and troubleshooting your environment. The book also covers patching, a mundane but essential task that must be done regularly to keep your installation protected and running smoothly. The comprehensive and wide-ranging coverage makes Pro Oracle Fusion Applications an important book for anyone with responsibility for installation and ongoing management of an Oracle Fusion Applications installation.
What youll learn
This book helps you with:
- Planning the most suitable topology including servers, networking, and storage
- Installing Oracle Fusion Applications including Identity Management components
- Understanding the Applications user interface
- Monitoring, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and patching of all components
- Managing the Fusion Applications environment on an ongoing basis
Who this book is for
Pro Oracle Fusion Applications is aimed at application administrators, database administrators, system architects, technical consultants, and others who are involved in the technical aspects of standing up an on-premise installation of Oracle Fusion Applications.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Oracle Fusion Applications
2. Planning an Oracle Fusion Applications installation
3. Setting up the Hosts for Provisioning
4. Creating Identity Management Database
5. Preparing for Identity Management Provisioning
6. Provisioning Identity Management Environment
7. Post-Provisioning Configuration for Identity Management Nodes
8. Creating Fusion Applications Transaction Database
9. Preparing for Fusion Applications Provisioning
10. Provisioning the Fusion Applications Environment
11. Understanding the Fusion Applications Interface
12. Getting Started with Fusion Application Administration
13. Managing Fusion Applications Security
14. Monitoring of the Fusion Applications Environment
15. Diagnosing and Troubleshooting
16. Patching Fusion Applications Components