Pro Apache Phoenix: An SQL Driver for HBase
Shakil Akhtar, Ravi Magham
Leverage Phoenix as an ANSI SQL engine built on top of the highly distributed and scalable NoSQL framework HBase. Learn the basics and best practices that are being adopted in Phoenix to enable a high write and read throughput in a big data space.
This book includes real-world cases such as Internet of Things devices that send continuous streams to Phoenix, and the book explains how key features such as joins, indexes, transactions, and functions help you understand the simple, flexible, and powerful API that Phoenix provides. Examples are provided using real-time data and data-driven businesses that show you how to collect, analyze, and act in seconds.
You will learn how to:
- Handle a petabyte data store by applying familiar SQL techniques
- Store, analyze, and manipulate data in a NoSQL Hadoop echo system with HBase
- Apply best practices while working with a scalable data store on Hadoop and HBase
- Integrate popular frameworks (Apache Spark, Pig, Flume) to simplify big data analysis
- Demonstrate real-time use cases and big data modeling techniques