Practical Scala DSLs: Real-World Applications Using Domain Specific Languages
Build domain specific languages (DSLs) using Java's most popular functional programming language: Scala. This book introduces the basics of Scala and DSLs using a series of practical examples. In Practical Scala DSLs, you’ll learn to create pragmatic and complete code examples that explain the actual use of DSLs with Scala: a web API and microservices; a custom language; a mobile app; a Forex system; a game; and cloud applications.
At the end of this unique book, you’ll be able to describe the differences between external and internal DSLs; understand when and how to apply DSLs; create DSLs using Scala; and even create a DSL using another programming language.
What You'll Learn
- Build DSLs in Scala
- Write a web API and microservices
- Create a custom language
- Apply DSLs to mobile apps development, a Forex trading system, game development, and more
- Discover the role of DSLs in cloud development
- Integrate DSLs as part of a DevOps program or structure
- Build internal and external DSLs
Who This Book Is For
Experienced Java coders with at least some prior experience with Scala. You may be new to DSLs.