Pro ASP.NET Core Identity: Under the Hood with Authentication and Authorization in ASP.NET Core 5 Applications
$960ASP.NET Core 3 and Angular 9: Full stack web development with .NET Core 3.1 and Angular 9 (3rd Edition)
ASP.NET Core Identity provides authentication and user management for ASP.NET Core applications. Identity is a complex framework in its own right, with support for a wide range of features, including authenticating users with services provided by Google, Facebook, and Twitter.
Best-selling author Adam Freeman explains how to get the most from ASP.NET Core Identity. He begins by describing common authentication and user management scenarios and explaining how they are implemented in ASP.NET Core applications. Then he dives deep into the Identity framework and explains how the most important and useful features work in detail, creating custom implementations of key components to reveal the inner workings of ASP.NET Core Identity.
What You Will Learn:
- Gain a solid understanding of how Identity provides authentication and authorization for ASP.NET Core applications.
- Learn how to configure ASP.NET Core Identity for common application scenarios, including self-service registration, user management and authentication with services provided by popular social media platforms.
- Get started on creating robust and reliable user management tools.
- Understand how Identity works in detail
- Each topic is covered clearly and concisely and is packed with the essential details you need to learn to be truly effective.
Who This Book Is For:
This book is for developers with advanced knowledge of ASP.NET Core who are introducing Identity into their projects. Prior experience and knowledge of C#, ASP.NET Core is required, along with a basic understanding of authentication and authorization concepts.
Adam Freeman is an experienced IT professional who has held senior positions in a range of companies, most recently serving as chief technology officer and chief operating officer of a global bank. Now retired, he spends his time writing and long-distance running.