Use the Pharo interactive development environment to significantly reduce the cost of creating a visualization. This book shows how Pharo significantly leverages visualization development against traditional visualization frameworks and toolkits.
Agile Visualization with Pharo focuses on the Roassal visualization engine and first presents the basic and necessary tools to visualize data. Once you've grasped the basics, you'll learn all about the development environment. The book then covers a domain-specific language framework to design and implement expressive and composable visualizations. You'll work on several applications, covering epidemiological models, geographical information, network latency, and source code software analysis.
This book covers aspects that are relevant for engineers, businesses, and academics to successfully design and implement a visualization.What You Will Learn
- Implement agile data visualization using the Pharo language
- Use Pharo's Roassal scripting for quick visualizations and computer vision programming
- Paint with Trachsel including coloring and applying layouts
- Create domain-specific visualizations with builders
- Chart, plot, and curve using Grapher
- Draw polymetric graphics using Mondrian
Who This Book Is For
Those programmers with some prior exposure to data visualization and computer vision who may be new to the Pharo programming language. This book is also for those with some Pharo experience looking to apply it to data visualization.