Stream Processing with Apache Flink: Fundamentals, Implementation, and Operation of Streaming Applications
Fabian Hueske, Vasiliki Kalavri
立即出貨 (庫存 < 4)
Get started with Apache Flink, the open source framework that enables you to process streaming data—such as user interactions, sensor data, and machine logs—as it arrives. With this practical guide, you’ll learn how to use Apache Flink’s stream processing APIs to implement, continuously run, and maintain real-world applications.
Authors Fabian Hueske, one of Flink’s creators, and Vasia Kalavri, a core contributor to Flink’s graph processing API (Gelly), explains the fundamental concepts of parallel stream processing and shows you how streaming analytics differs from traditional batch data analysis. Software engineers, data engineers, and system administrators will learn the basics of Flink’s DataStream API, including the structure and components of a common Flink streaming application.
- Solve real-world problems with Apache Flink’s DataStream API
- Set up an environment for developing stream processing applications for Flink
- Design streaming applications and migrate periodic batch workloads to continuous streaming workloads
- Learn about windowed operations that process groups of records
- Ingest data streams into a DataStream application and emit a result stream into different storage systems
- Implement stateful and custom operators common in stream processing applications
- Operate, maintain, and update continuously running Flink streaming applications
- Explore several deployment options, including the setup of highly available installations
Fabian Hueske is a committer to and PMC member of the Apache Flink project and has been contributing to Flink since its earliest days. Fabian is cofounder, software engineer, and community evangelist at data Artisans (now Ververica), a Berlin-based startup that fosters Flink and its community. He holds a PhD in computer science from TU Berlin.
Vasiliki (Vasia) Kalavri is a postdoctoral fellow in the Systems Group at ETH Zurich, where she uses Apache Flink extensively for streaming systems research and teaching. Vasia is a PMC member of the Apache Flink project. An early contributor to Flink, she has worked on its graph processing library, Gelly, and on early versions of the Table API and streaming SQL.