Programming IOS 14: Dive Deep Into Views, View Controllers, and Frameworks (BY DHL)
If you're grounded in the basics of Swift, Xcode, and the Cocoa framework, this book provides a structured explanation of all essential real-world iOS app components. Through deep exploration and copious code examples, you'll learn how to create views, manipulate view controllers, and add features from iOS frameworks.
- Create, arrange, draw, layer, and animate views that respond to touch
- Use view controllers to manage multiple screens of interface
- Master interface classes for scroll views, table views, collection views, text, popovers, split views, web views, and controls
- Dive into frameworks for sound, video, maps, and sensors
- Access user libraries: music, photos, contacts, and calendar
- Explore additional topics, including files, networking, and threads
Stay up-to-date on iOS 14 innovations, such as:
- Control action closures and menus
- Table view cell configuration objects
- Collection view lists and outlines
- New split view controller architecture
- Pointer customization on iPad
- New photo picker and limited photos authorization
- Reduced accuracy location
- Color picker, new page control behavior, revised date pickers, and more
Want to brush up on the basics? Pick up iOS 14 Programming Fundamentals with Swift to learn about Swift, Xcode, and Cocoa. Together with Programming iOS 14, you'll gain a solid, rigorous, and practical understanding of iOS 14 development.
Matt Neuburg has a PhD in Classics and has taught at many universities and colleges. He has been programming computers since 1968. He has written applications for Mac OS X and iOS, is a former editor of MacTech Magazine, and is a long-standing contributing editor for TidBITS. His previous O'Reilly books are Frontier: The Definitive Guide, REALbasic: The Definitive Guide, and AppleScript: The Definitive Guide. He makes a living writing books, articles, and software documentation, as well as by programming, consulting, and training.