Revised and updated January, 2016.
The best-selling, easiest, step-by-step, comprehensive guide to securing your home or business Android phone and tablet. Completely revised and updated for Android 4 (KitKat and Jelly Bean).
Official workbook for the Practical Paranoia: Security Essentials Workshop. Designed for both workshop use and self-study. The entire workshop is contained within the book. Includes all instructor presentations, hands-on assignments, links to all software, and security checklist.
You don't need to be paranoid to know they are out there to get your computer, data, and identity.• Malware attacks on Android have become commonplace.
• By some estimates, there are over 10,000,000 infected Android apps.
• Dozens of eyes may be able to see your name and password, along with the contents of every email you send.
• Once the bad guy has his hands on your device, it takes under one minute to bypass your password to gain access to all your data.
• With a slight bit of social engineering on your Google account, along with all its data, is freely accessible.
• Through PRISM and other avenues, our government has access to your online browsing and email history.
You don't need to be an Google Guru to protect your system!
In this easy, step-by-step guide, CIO, Security Specialist, and Certified IT Consultant Marc L. Mintz takes any Android user–from the novice with no technical skills, to experienced IT professional–through the process of fully encrypting and hardening the security of their computer, data, email, documents, network, Instant Messaging, storage devices, computer, Google, browsing, and entire Internet experience.
Guaranteed to be the easiest to follow and most comprehensive Android 4 book available.