Frontier: The Definitive Guide (Paperback)
- 出版商: O'Reilly Media
- 出版日期: 1998-03-11
- 售價: $199
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 616
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1565923839
- ISBN-13: 9781565923836
貴賓價: $2,343Data Mining: Concepts and Techniques
貴賓價: $1,029Fundamentals of Logic Design, 4/e
貴賓價: $846Java Power Reference
貴賓價: $1,258Programming the Be Operating System (Paperback)
貴賓價: $1,045Wireless Communications: Principles and Practice, 2/e
貴賓價: $1,064Embedded System Design: A Unified Hardward/Software Introduction (Hardcover)
售價: $1,400Embedded Software Development with eCos
貴賓價: $1,258REALbasic: The Definitive Guide
貴賓價: $1,396Enterprise JavaBeans, 2/e
貴賓價: $1,258Web Performance Tuning
貴賓價: $983Windows NT Workstation Configuration and Maintenance (Paperback)
貴賓價: $1,121XML: Principles, Tools, and Techniques
貴賓價: $1,121.NET Framework Essentials (Paperback)
貴賓價: $983Windows Annoyances
貴賓價: $1,258Learning Red Hat Linux
貴賓價: $2,219Webmaster in a Nutshell, Deluxe Edition (Paperback)
貴賓價: $1,121Web Design in a Nutshell
貴賓價: $1,140Introduction to Java Programming with JBuilder 4/5/6/7, 2/e
貴賓價: $798Simulation Modeling and Analysis, 3/e
貴賓價: $1,045Java How to Program, 4/e
貴賓價: $1,147Communication Systems, 4/e
貴賓價: $970Introduction to Algorithms, 2/e
貴賓價: $2,161Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code (Hardcover)
貴賓價: $1,480SCWCD Exam Study Kit: Java Web Component Developer Certification (Paperback)
售價: $960Programming Windows, 5/e
Of course you love your Mac, but don't you wish you could program it yourself?
Instead of looking for an application that does what you need, what if *you* could write a program to concatenate files, change file-types, munge text?
What if you could automate repetitive processes, and tie existing applications together: Have QuarkXPress construct a whole catalog based on a FileMaker database, or have Clip2GIF transform all the PICTs in a Microsoft Word file into GIFs?
What if you could send email without an email program, or download Web pages without a browser? What if you could control remote computers across a network?
What if you could beef up your Web site by writing your own CGI scripts, or by generating hundreds of related Web pages automatically?
With UserLand Frontier, you can do all this and more. What is Frontier?
- It's a simple but sophisticated scripting language (UserTalk), with speed that blows AppleScript away and a far easier learning curve -- plus it's multi-threaded and includes an elegant debugging environment.
- It's an integrated database with instant access to data, text, outlines, and tables.
- It's a totally automated environment, where scripts can create dialogs, open windows, edit text, alter menus.
- It's a hook to the system, able to read and write files, open documents, read the clipboard.
- It's a base for sending and receiving Apple events, so it can drive any scriptable application and can be integrated into other scripting applications.
- It's a network application, able to function as a client or server over AppleTalk or the Internet.
- It's a powerful scripting environment for Web site management and system level scripting.
Frontier: The Definitive Guide is the first book devoted exclusively to teaching and documenting this wonderful program. With it, you can learn all about Frontier or find out about just those aspects that interest you. Whether you're a complete Frontier beginner or an experienced hand in need of a clear, ordered reference, this book is for you.
Packed with examples, advice, tricks and tips, Frontier: The Definitive Guide teaches you Frontier from the ground up. Even if you've never programmed before, you'll be cranking out Web pages or writing your own custom scripts in no time. Before you know it, you'll have joined the ranks of thousands of Macintosh power users who make Frontier their "home base."
Covers Frontier 4.2.3 for the Macintosh.