IP Routing Fundamentals
- 出版商: Cisco Press
- 出版日期: 1999-03-01
- 售價: $2,021
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,920
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 528
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 157870071X
- ISBN-13: 9781578700714
A comprehensive ntroduction to routing concepts and protocols in IP networks.
- Comprehensive review of the operational mechanics of today's leading routing protocols, including IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, and RIP-2
- Detailed explanation of IP addressing, including classful and classless addresses, subnetting, supernetting, Classless Interdomain Routing (CIDR), and Variable Length Subnet Masks (VLSM)
- Side-by-side comparisons of various LAN segmentation technologies, including bridges, switches, and routers
- Exploration of how routers are used to build wide area networks
- Examination of the future of routing, including IPv6, next generation routing protocols, host-based routing, and IP Switching
IP Routing Fundamentals is the definitive introduction to routing in IP networks. This comprehensive guide explores the mechanics of routers, routing protocols, network interfaces, and operating systems.
This reference provides essential background information for network professionals who are deploying and maintaining LANs and WANs, as well as IT managers who are seeking information on how evolving internetworking technology will affect future networks. Part I discusses the many roles routers play in networks, Part II talks about the inner working of routers, Part III works with the operational issues of routing protocols, and Part IV addresses implementation issues that provide practical insight, in addition to a discussion of the future of routing.