Voice-Enabling the Data Network: H.323, MGCP, SIP, QoS, SLAs, and Security
- 出版商: Cisco Press
- 出版日期: 2002-10-05
- 售價: $1,379
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 224
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 1587050145
- ISBN-13: 9781587050145
貴賓價: $1,825SIP Demystified
貴賓價: $950Internet Communications Using SIP
貴賓價: $1,568H.264 and MPEG-4 Video Compression: Video Coding for Next Generation Multimedia
售價: $1,050Configuring CallManager and Unity: A Step-by-Step Guide
貴賓價: $570Signal Integrity - Simplified
貴賓價: $1,638Windows Telephony Programming: A Developer's Guide to TAPI (Paperback)
貴賓價: $2,071Real-Time Concepts for Embedded Systems (Paperback)
Assist Telco and ISP engineers and technicians in their transition to IP telephony
- Assists traditional telco engineers and technicians in designing, implementing, and supporting VoIP networks
- Provides a step-by-step approach to designing a VoIP network
- Outlines each VoIP technology components with detailed descriptions of possible applications
- Provides a thorough description of Voice over IP for those new to the technology
Voice over IP (VoIP) is a fast-growing technology within telcos and ISPs. VoIP is significantly reducing the cost of transmitting telephone calls and enabling small companies to enter the +$50 billion marketplace. Many telcos and ISPs are entering this market while VoIP is still in its infancy. As a result, there is an urgent need for telco and ISP engineers to learn this new technology. This book will assist telco engineers to transition to IP networking with a focus on VoIP networks. This book introduces the fundamentals of IP networking as it applies to transmitting voice calls using IP packets. Key telco-based technologies such as SS7 are reviewed. A unique approach is that the book outlines each component of VoIP technology while describing the application of the technology. This is accomplished by describing key steps in designing an operational VoIP network, thereby enabling the reader to understand how this technology is applied.
Table of Contents
1. The Telephony Service Provider: An Overview.
2. VoIP Network Architectures: H.323, SIP, and MGCP.
3. Offering Wholesale VoIP Services.
4. Offering Bundled Voice and Data Services.
5. QoS Considerations in VoIP Network Design.
6. Implementing the PSTN Switch/VoIP Gateway Trunk.
7. Gateway and Gatekeeper Design Requirements.
8. Security Considerations for VoIP Networks.
9. Network Management: Maintaining an SLA.