Advanced MPLS Design and Implementation
- 出版商: Cisco Press
- 出版日期: 2001-09-25
- 售價: $1,790
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,701
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 496
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 158705020X
- ISBN-13: 9781587050206
$299IP Quality of Service (Hardcover)
An in-depth guide to understanding advanced MPLS implementation, including packet-based VPNs, ATM-based VPNs, traffic engineering, and quality of service
Advanced MPLS Design and Implementation enables you to:
- Understand MPLS through a detailed analysis of MPLS architecture and operation
- Design and implement packet-based MPLS Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) using label switching routers (LSRs)
- Design and implement ATM-based MPLS VPNs using WAN-switched ATM LSRs
- Implement MPLS traffic engineering on your core network and optimize traffic flows dynamically
- Implement MPLS QoS and provide hard service guarantees with multiple classes of service
- Acquire practical design and implementation knowledge of real-world MPLS VPNs, TE, and QoS through case studies and configuration examples
Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) is a highly scalable, high-performance forwarding technology that has multiple applications in the service provider and enterprise environment. This book is intended for internetwork engineers and administrators who are responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting service provider or enterprise MPLS backbone networks. It contains a broad range of technical details on MPLS and its associated protocols, packet-based MPLS, ATM-based MPLS, MPLS traffic engineering, MPLS QoS, MPLS design, and advanced MPLS architectures.
This book contains MPLS theory, design, configuration, and various case studies. Use this book as a reference and guide for designing, implementing, and supporting an MPLS network. Even if you're not using Cisco(r) equipment, this book can increase your awareness and understanding of MPLS technology as well as provide you with detailed design concepts and rules for building scalable MPLS networks.
Advanced MPLS Design and Implementation is your guide to understanding, designing, and implementing MPLS VPNs, WAN-switched MPLS VPNs, MPLS traffic engineering, and MPLS QoS.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to MPLS.
2. WAN Technologies and MPLS.
3. MPLS Architecture.
4. Virtual Private Networks.
5. Packet-Based MPLS VPNs.
6. ATM-Based MPLS VPNs.
7. MPLS Traffic Engineering.
8. MPLS Quality of Service.
9. MPLS Design and Migration.
10. Advanced MPLS Architectures.
Appendix A: MPLS Command Reference.
Appendix B: MPLS Equipment Design Specifications.
Appendix C: MPLS Glossary.
Appendix D: References.