Cisco Unity Connection (Paperback)
立即出貨 (庫存 < 4)
Cisco Unity Connection
The comprehensive guide to Cisco Unity Connection voice messaging system design, implementation, and troubleshooting
Cisco Unity Connection presents all the concepts and techniques you need to successfully plan, design, implement, and maintain Cisco Unity Connection voice messaging systems. For every stage of the system lifecycle, enterprise voice expert David Schulz offers clear explanations, practical examples, realistic case studies, and best-practice solutions.
The author begins by introducing Cisco Unity Connection’s core features, capabilities, and components. Next, he provides thorough, step-by-step coverage of configuration, including users, contacts, call routing, dial plans, class of service, and templates. You will find extensive discussions of user features and access, administration and maintenance, redundancy and backup, and much more. Throughout, the author addresses many enhancements introduced in the new Cisco Unity Connection v8.5 software.
This book concludes with a complete guide to troubleshooting, including case studies that identify common deployment challenges and help you build real-world problem-solving skills.
David Schulz has more than 27 years of experience with networking, security, and voice technologies. Before joining Skyline Advanced Technology Services, he was involved in network engineering, consulting, project management, and engineering oversight for a Midwest reseller. He has taught networking technologies to both customers and engineers, created multiple process and procedure methodologies and documents, and held network contracting responsibilities at a large global enterprise. He holds CCSI, CCNP Voice, CCSP, and CCDP certifications.
· Plan voice messaging designs, including active-active cluster pair and single-server configurations
· Identify required equipment and codecs, and accurately size servers
· Efficiently install and upgrade Cisco Unity Connection software
· Perform non-Cisco integrations with PBX IP Media Gateway (PIMG) and T1 IP Media Gateway (TIMG)
· Administer users and contacts with Cisco Unity Connection Administration, Bulk Administration Tool, AXL, and LDAP
· Provide access via phones, the web, and mobile applications
· Configure call, directory, and interview handlers
· Implement dial plan components, including partitions and search scopes
· Configure Cisco Unity Connection networking, including SMTP
· Configure, implement, and use Voice Profile for Internet Mail (VPIM)
· Create reports and perform real-time monitoring
· Master tools for maintenance, backup, and disaster recovery
· Implement advanced features, from SpeechView to SMS notification
This IP communications book is part of the Cisco Press® Networking Technology Series. IP communications titles from Cisco Press help networking professionals understand voice and IP telephony
technologies, plan and design converged networks, and implement network
solutions for increased productivity.