Investigating the Cyber Breach: The Digital Forensics Guide for the Network Engineer
- 出版商: Cisco Press
- 出版日期: 2018-02-07
- 定價: $1,650
- 售價: 9.0 折 $1,485
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 464
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1587145022
- ISBN-13: 9781587145025
立即出貨 (庫存 < 3)
Investigating the Cyber Breach
The Digital Forensics Guide for the Network Engineer
· Understand the realities of cybercrime and today’s attacks
· Build a digital forensics lab to test tools and methods, and gain expertise
· Take the right actions as soon as you discover a breach
· Determine the full scope of an investigation and the role you’ll play
· Properly collect, document, and preserve evidence and data
· Collect and analyze data from PCs, Macs, IoT devices, and other endpoints
· Use packet logs, NetFlow, and scanning to build timelines, understand network activity, and collect evidence
· Analyze iOS and Android devices, and understand encryption-related obstacles to investigation
· Investigate and trace email, and identify fraud or abuse
· Use social media to investigate individuals or online identities
· Gather, extract, and analyze breach data with Cisco tools and techniques
· Walk through common breaches and responses from start to finish
· Choose the right tool for each task, and explore alternatives that might also be helpful
The professional’s go-to digital forensics resource for countering attacks right nowToday, cybersecurity and networking professionals know they can’t possibly prevent every breach, but they can substantially reduce risk by quickly identifying and blocking breaches as they occur. Investigating the Cyber Breach: The Digital Forensics Guide for the Network Engineer is the first comprehensive guide to doing just that.
Writing for working professionals, senior cybersecurity experts Joseph Muniz and Aamir Lakhani present up-to-the-minute techniques for hunting attackers, following their movements within networks, halting exfiltration of data and intellectual property, and collecting evidence for investigation and prosecution. You’ll learn how to make the most of today’s best open source and Cisco tools for cloning, data analytics, network and endpoint breach detection, case management, monitoring, analysis, and more.
Unlike digital forensics books focused primarily on post-attack evidence gathering, this one offers complete coverage of tracking threats, improving intelligence, rooting out dormant malware, and responding effectively to breaches underway right now.
This book is part of the Networking Technology: Security Series from Cisco Press®, which offers networking professionals valuable information for constructing efficient networks, understanding new technologies, and building successful careers.