Cisco CCNP Remote Access Exam Certification Guide (Cisco Career Certifications)
Brian Morgan, Craig Dennis
The official study guide for CCNP and CCDP Remote Access Exam #640-505
Coverage of all CCNP and CCDP Remote Access Exam topics enables you to identify and fill your knowledge gaps before the exam date. You will learn to:
- Determine site requirements in a central office, branch office and small/remote or home office, and select the proper Cisco network devices for remote access purposes
- Deploy physical connectivity of the WAN devices necessary for remote access purposes
- Implement, configure, and control modem connections
- Utilize the versatility of Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP), essential to todays remote access networks
- Deploy ISDN BRI connections as well as basic dial-on-demand routing (DDR) and advanced DDR options
- Establish and control traffic through X.25 and Frame Relay connections
- Manage network performance with queuing and compression
- Scale access control in an expanding network using the AAA utility
CCNP Remote Access Exam Certification Guide is a comprehensive study tool for the CCNP/CCDP Remote Access Exam #640-505. This exam evaluates your ability to build a remote access network to interconnect central sites to branch offices and home office/telecommuters, control access to the central site, and maximize bandwidth utilization over the remote links. This book covers all the major topics on the Remote Access Exam, enabling you to master the concepts and technologies upon which you will be tested.
Each chapter of CCNP Remote Access Exam Certification Guide focuses your study and tests your knowledge of the subjects through specially designed assessment and study features. "Do I Know This Already?" quizzes assess your knowledge and help you decide how much time you need to spend on each section within a chapter. The well-organized Foundation Topics sections detail all of the exam topics you need to master. Each chapter includes a Foundation Summary section highlighting essential concepts for quick reference. Challenging chapter-ending review questions and exercises test your knowledge of the subject matter, reinforce key concepts, and provide you with the opportunity to apply what youve learned in the chapter. Finally, the companion CD-ROMs robust testing engine enables you to take practice exams that mimic the real testing environment. This customizable software lets you take a full sample exam, focus on particular topic areas, randomize answers for reusability, track your progress, and refer to electronic text to review concepts.
CCNP Remote Access Exam Certification Guide is part of a recommended study program from Cisco Systems that includes training courses and materials from Ciscos Internet Learning Solutions Group, hands-on experience, and Coursebooks and exam guides from Cisco Press. With experience and training under your belt, this book enables you to retain and master the remote access knowledge vital for attaining CCNP or CCDP certification and succeeding in your daily job.
This companion CD-ROM contains a test bank with over 200 practice questions.