CCNP Practical Studies: Switching (CCNP Self-Study)
- 出版商: Cisco Press
- 出版日期: 2003-10-18
- 售價: $2,120
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $2,014
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 984
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1587200600
- ISBN-13: 9781587200601
Gain necessary hands-on experience implementing CCNP BCMSN concepts with this practical lab guide
- Lab configurations include explanations of equipment set-up and execution
- Valuable reference tool for Catalyst switches, including shortcuts, caveats, and application of the most advanced features
- Real-world scenarios represent the whole range of CCNP BCMSN 642-811 exam topics
CCNP Practical Studies: Switching (CCNP Self-Study) provides CCNP candidates with an in-depth, hands-on experience in configuring Cisco Catalyst switches. This practical guide shows intermediate level networkers how to apply the theoretical knowledge they have gained through CCNP coursework and exam preparation. Configuration labs performed within this book will cover all technologies tested on the BCMSN 642-811 exam, as well as a number of real world scenarios that will test users' overall understanding of multilayer switching. The labs come complete with full explanations, highlighting why the chosen commands and techniques are recommended.
In addition to applicable labs, this book also provides general information on various switching technologies, as well as tips, tricks, shortcuts, and caveats for deploying Cisco switching gear in production environments. This book also includes exercises (similar to traditional mathematics exercises) that will help readers internalize, practice, and memorize certain concepts and thought processes necessary to successfully deploy a switched network.
Part of the Practical Studies series from the Cisco Press, CCNP Practical Studies: Switching provides self-study based hands-on experience. As such, it can be used in conjunction with other Cisco Press titles and is an excellent companion to instructor-led training from a Cisco Learning Partner.
Table of Contents
1. Switching Connectivity.Introduction to Cisco Catalyst Switches. Scenario 1-1: Installing a Cisco Catalyst Switch onto the Network. Scenario 1-2: Configuring Network Management Access to the Switch. Scenario 1-3: Configuring Ethernet Device Connectivity. Scenario 1-4: Configuring System Time. Scenario 1-5: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Device Connectivity.
2. VLAN Operations.Introduction. Scenario 2-1: Understanding Transparent Bridging. Scenario 2-2: Configuring VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP). Scenario 2-3: Configuring VLANs. Scenario 2-4: Configuring the Management VLAN. Scenario 2-5: Configuring Extended-Range VLANs. Summary.
3. Trunking and Bandwidth Aggregation.Introduction. Scenario 3-1: Configuring VLAN Trunking Protocol. Scenario 3-2: Configuring Trunking between Switches. Scenario 3-3: VTP Pruning. Scenario 3-4: Configuring EtherChannel. Summary.
4. Spanning Tree.Introduction. Scenario 4-1: Configuring the Root Bridge. Scenario Prerequisites. Scenario 4-2: Configuring STP Load Sharing. Scenario Prerequisites. Scenario 4-3: Configuring Root Guard. Scenario 4-4: Configuring Spanning Tree PortFast. Scenario 4-5: Configuring PortFast BPDU Guard. Scenario 4-6: Configuring PortFast BPDU Filter. Scenario 4-7: Configuring UplinkFast. Scenario 4-8: Configuring BackboneFast. Scenario 4-9: Improving Convergence and Load Sharing by Using a Multilayer Topology. Scenario 4-10: Troubleshooting Spanning Tree. Summary.
5. Inter-VLAN Routing.Inter-VLAN Routing Architectures. Multilayer LAN Design. Scenario 5-1: Configuring Basic IP Routing. Scenario 5-2: Configuring Layer 3 Switching. Scenario Prerequisites. Scenario 5-3: Implementing a Redundant Multilayer Topology Summary.
6. Layer 3 Switching.Introduction to Layer 3 Switching. Cisco Catalyst 6000/6500 Switch Architecture. Scenario 6-1: Configuring MLS on the Catalyst 6000. Scenario 6-2: Configuring CEF-based Layer 3 Switching on the Catalyst 6000/6500. Scenario 6-3: Upgrading from Hybrid Mode to Native Mode on the Catalyst 6000/6500. Scenario 6-4: Configuring CEF-Based Layer 3 Switching on the Catalyst 6000/6500. Summary.
7. Multicast Routing and Switching.Introduction. Scenario 7-1: Configuring PIM Dense Mode Multicast Routing. Scenario 7-2: Configuring PIM Sparse Mode and PIM Sparse-Dense Mode Multicast Routing. Scenario 7-3: Multicast Traffic Control on the LAN. Scenario 7-4: Configuring IGMP Snooping. Scenario 7-5: Configuring Cisco Group Management Protocol (CGMP). Summary.
8. Traffic Filtering and Security.Securing Management Access. Securing Network Access. Traffic Filtering. Scenario 8-1: Securing the Management Interface. Scenario 8-2: Enhancing Security by Using AAA. Scenario 8-3: Securing Device Access. Scenario 8-4: Securing LAN Segments. Summary.
9. Quality of Service.Introducing to QoS. Implementing Quality of Service on Cisco Switches. Scenario 9-1: Configuring QoS Features. Summary.
10. Maintenance, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting.Scenario 10-1: Using IP and LAN Connectivity Tools. Scenario 10-2: Troubleshooting Workstation Startup Problems. Scenario 10-3: Troubleshooting the errDisable Status. Scenario 10-4: Password Recovery. Scenario 10-5: File Management on Cisco Catalyst Switches. Scenario 10-6: Capturing Traffic Using SPAN, RSPAN, and VACLs. Summary.
11. Comprehensive Switching Self-Study Lab.Lab Hardware Requirements. Part I: Configuring a Layer 2 Switching Infrastructure. Part II: Multilayer Configuration.
Appendix A: Comprehensive Switching Self-Study Lab Part I Solution.
Appendix B: Comprehensive Switching Self-Study Lab Part II Solution.