The Case for Virtual Business Processes : Reduce Costs, Improve Efficiencies, an
Martha Young, Michael Jude
- 出版商: Cisco Press
- 出版日期: 2004-03-12
- 定價: $1,320
- 售價: 2.3 折 $299
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 240
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1587200872
- ISBN-13: 9781587200878
Reduce costs, improve efficiencies, and focus on your core business
- Leverage your technology infrastructure to save money and virtualize processes.
- Discover the principles behind BPV and the ways in which they can benefit your business.
- Benefit from incremental cost savings, maximizing your business' ROI.
- Learn from real-world case studies that illustrate best practices.
- Understand the solution-provider market, maximizing the impact of your investment.
The dot-com collapse generally discredited the idea of leveraging the Internet to build viable businesses. Many market pundits have decried the concept without examining the underlying dynamics associated with these companies' failures. The truth is, prior business models were built on a flawed business case, not bad technology. In fact, the dot-com bubble created a whole new class of automation that, when applied to conventional businesses, can dramatically improve time to market, competitive response, and customer interaction. This is not virtual business; this is business process virtualization (BPV), and enterprises that don't grasp and apply the principals of BPV will rapidly be rendered obsolete by those that do, being quickly outmaneuvered and displaced in the market.
BPV is the application of networked, intelligent IT infrastructure to enhance skilled personnel, processes, and assets, which enables companies to improve efficiencies, increase competitive advantage, heighten brand awareness, reduce costs, and improve bottom line revenues. Unlike business process automation, BPV focuses on new management approaches for personnel and technology, signaling a fundamental change in the way that we think about business and its objectives.
While reading The Case for Virtual Business Processes, you will understand why BPV is critical to the long-term viability of your business, while learning how to leverage your intelligent networked infrastructure using leading-edge products and technologies from Cisco Systems.
This volume is in the Network Business Series offered by Cisco Press. Books in this series provide IT executives, decision makers, and networking professionals with pertinent information on today's most important technologies and business strategies.
Table of Contents
1. The Role of Business Process Virtualization in Your Business.
2. History Lessons: Why Conventional Business Models No Longer Work.
3. Capitalizing on Enabling Technologies.
4. Capitalizing on Enabling Applications.
5. Capitalizing on a Virtual Presence.
6. Capitalizing on Outsourcing.
7. Internal Security Implications of Managing the BPV-Centric Company.
8. Financial Implications of BPV on Conventional Businesses.