Foundation Flash Applications for Mobile Devices (Paperback)
Richard Leggett, Weyert De Boer, Scott Janousek
- 出版商: Apress
- 出版日期: 2007-11-12
- 定價: $1,500
- 售價: 2.7 折 $399
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 514
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 1590595580
- ISBN-13: 9781590595589
For more about Flash Mobile, check out www.flashmobilebook.com, the author's book companion site.
In this book you'll learn:
- The essentials of Flash Lite 1.1 and 2.X
- How to create mobile applications and games
- Best practices for structuring your mobile applications, from starting out to final deployment
- How to integrate graphics, sound, and video into your mobile content
- How to consume live data over HTTP and socket connections and make use of phone-specific features
With a growing number of mobile devices offering Flash support, it is an increasingly viable platform for the development of mobile applications. Foundation Flash Applications for Mobile Devices is just the book you need to learn how to take advantage of this new audience of mobile application users. Inside, it covers every facet of mobile Flash, from the essentials of the Flash Lite 1.1 and 2.X platforms and writing applications to testing your work and deploying to mobile users.
Applications presented include screensavers, wallpapers, data-consuming informational programs (such as movie, news, and stock tickers), quiz games, action games, and more. You are given tips on mobile Flash development best practices, and all of the essential topics are covered, including creating and using sound, vector graphics, and bitmaps; optimizing assets for the small screen; coding realistic physics for games; and consuming web services using PHP, Java™, ColdFusion, and .NET.
Throughout the book, there are many samples to put together and learn from, and several bonus applications are also available to download and check out.
Table of Contents
- PART ONE GETTING STARTED
- Chapter 1 Macromedia and Adobe Flash: An Overview
- Chapter 2 Mobile Devices
- Chapter 3 Flash Lite 1.1 and Your First Flash Lite Application
- Chapter 4 Flash Lite 2.X
- PART TWO LET'S GET DEVELOPING!
- Chapter 5 Application Development
- Chapter 6 Mobile Gaming
- Chapter 7 Flash Lite Mobile Entertainment Basics
- Chapter 8 Flash Mobile Sound
- Chapter 9 Flash Mobile Video
- Chapter 10 Extending Flash Lite
- PART THREE THE POST-DEVELOPMENT STAGE
- Chapter 11 Distribution and Deployment
- Chapter 12 The Future of Flash in the Mobile World
- PART FOUR APPENDIXES
- Appendix A Error Codes
- Appendix B FSCommand2 Commands
- Appendix C Glossary of Terms