Foundation PHP for Dreamweaver 8
售價: $1,960SOA: Principles of Service Design (Hardcover)
貴賓價: $1,200Programming Web Services with XML-RPC
貴賓價: $694Complexity: A Guided Tour (Hardcover)
售價: $1,624Programming Distributed Computing Systems: A Foundational Approach (Hardcover)
貴賓價: $1,572Distributed Algorithms: An Intuitive Approach (Hardcover)
售價: $1,050Beautiful Testing: Leading Professionals Reveal How They Improve Software (Paperback)
In this book, you’ll learn how to:
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot a testing environment with PHP/MySQL and Apache or IIS
- Learn the fundamentals of PHP and good database design
- Use Dreamweaver 8 server behaviors to create robust dynamic applications that validate user input for greater security and reliability
- Incorporate live XML feeds into your web pages with PHP and Dreamweaver 8’s new XSL Transformation server behavior
- Download and apply a suite of custom-built PHP functions designed exclusively for this book
Want to add the power of a database to your websites? Build online forms that send feedback straight to your inbox? Incorporate live news feeds and XML data into your web pages? This book shows you how to do all that and more.
Dreamweaver 8 takes a lot of the hard work out of integrating a database into your websites, but it can’t do everything. So instead of just giving you a series of instructions to click this and click that, this book helps you understand what’s going on in the background. As a result, you’re more likely to remember and to get it right.
Most books on PHP concentrate on code and throw all design considerations out the window. This one is different. It makes use of Dreamweaver 8’s vastly improved CSS rendering, and shows you how to build a site that’s smart in both senses of the word. It looks good and is intelligent too. You’ll learn how to change the entire look of the site, using PHP to serve up different stylesheets each month. You’ll also build a contact form protected against email injection attacks. All of Dreamweaver’s PHP server behaviors are put through their paces, and you’ll even make some custom server behaviors that will come in useful on any site you create.
Two chapters take you through the setup process with step-by-step instructions for both Windows and Mac OS X, helping you make the right choices: Apache or IIS? Remote or local testing? There are even instructions on how to set up virtual hosts on your own computer. And in the unlikely event that things go wrong, there’s plenty of troubleshooting advice too.
In this book we look specifically at using Dreamweaver's built-in server behaviors to build dynamic web sites using PHP and MySQL, the world’s most popular open source server-side language and database server combination, which are both reliable, powerful, and open source (and therefore free to use!) This latest version of Dreamweaver includes more powerful support for PHP and MySQL than ever before, and we'll show you how to make this work for you. No previous experience of PHP or MySQL is necessary to use this book.
Examples built throughout the book include a content management system, and an online image gallery. All examples are designed to meet modern usability requirements and be web standards compliant.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: So, You Want to Build Dynamic Sites?
- Chapter 2: Dreamweaver and PHP—A Productive Partnership
- Chapter 3: Getting the Work Environment Ready
- Chapter 4: Getting Ready for the Case Study
- Chapter 5: Integrating PHP into Your Site
- Chapter 6: Getting Feedback from an Online Form
- Chapter 7: Putting the Power of a Database
- Chapter 8: Building a Random Quotation Generator
- Chapter 9: Working with Multiple Tables
- Chapter 10: Using Sessions to Track
- Chapter 11: Displaying a Blog and Photo Gallery
- Chapter 12: Using XSLT to Display Live News Feeds and XML
- Appendix A: Using Languages Other Than English in MySQL
- Appendix B: Essential MySQL Maintenance