Advanced SQL Functions in Oracle 10g
Dr. Richard Earp, Dr. Sikha Bagui
Designed to exploit Oracle 10g's SQL, this book takes a comprehensive look at Oracle 10g's analytical functions, MODEL statements, and regular expressions. In addition, the book covers collection objects and object-oriented structures and introduces new Oracle 10g topics such as XML and statistical functions. The authors' logical and developmental approach to query building includes a review of older Oracle tools to help in the transition to newer material.
Learn how to:
- Format result sets with SQL*Plus reporting tools.
- Use aggregate functions for partitioning, ordering, and reporting.
- Perform calculations with the MODEL statement.
- Search within strings using regular expressions.
- Work with collection objects.
- Handle XML within SQL.