Parametric Modeling with SOLIDWORKS 2017
Paul J. Schilling, Randy H. Shih
Parametric Modeling with SOLIDWORKS 2017 contains a series of seventeen tutorial style lessons designed to introduce SOLIDWORKS 2017, solid modeling and parametric modeling techniques and concepts. This book introduces SOLIDWORKS 2017 on a step-by-step basis, starting with constructing basic shapes, all the way through to the creation of assembly drawings and motion analysis.
This book takes a hands on, exercise intensive approach to all the important parametric modeling techniques and concepts. Each lesson introduces a new set of commands and concepts, building on previous lessons. The lessons guide the user from constructing basic shapes to building intelligent solid models, assemblies and creating multi-view drawings.
This book also covers some of the more advanced features of SOLIDWORKS 2017, including how to use the SOLIDWORKS Design Library, basic motion analysis, collision detection and analysis with SimulationXpress.
The exercises in this book cover the performance tasks that are included on the Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) Examination. Reference guides located at the front of the book and in each chapter show where these performance tasks are covered.
Table of ContentsCertified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) Exam Overview
1. Getting started
2. Parametric Modeling Fundamentals
3. Constructive Solid Geometry Concepts
4. Feature Design Tree
5. Geometric Relations Fundamentals
6. Geometric Construction Tools
7. Parent Child Relationships and the BORN Technique
8. Part Drawings and Associative Functionality
9. Reference Geometry and Auxiliary Views
10. Introduction to 3D Printing
11. Symmetrical Features in Designs
12. Advanced 3D Construction Tools
13. Sheet Metal Designs
14. Assembly Modeling - Putting it all Together
15. Design Library and Basic Motion Study
16. Design Analysis with SimulationXpress
17. CSWA Exam Preparation