Data Visualization with d3.js
- Build blocks of web visualizations
- Learn visualization with detailed walkthroughs
- Learn to use data more effectively
- Animate with d3.js
- Design good visualizations
d3.js. provides a platform that help you create your own beautiful visualization and bring data to life using HTML, SVG and CSS. It emphasis on web standards that will fully utilize the capabilities of your web browser.
Data Visualization with d3.js walks you through 20 examples in great detail. You can finally stop struggling to piece together examples you've found online. With this book in hand, you will learn enough of the core concepts to conceive of and build your own visualizations from scratch.
The book begins with the basics of putting lines on the screen, and builds on this foundation all the way to creating interactive animated visualizations using d3.js layouts.
You will learn how to use d3.js to manipulate vector graphics with SVG, layout with HTML, and styling with CSS. You'll take a look at the basics of functional programming and using data structures effectively – everything from handling time to doing geographic projections. The book will also help make your visualizations interactive and teach you how automated layouts really work.
Data Visualization with d3.js will unveil the mystery behind all those beautiful examples you've been admiring.
What you will learn from this book
- Draw with SVG shapes and path generators
- Add styles with HTML and CSS
- Use data structures effectively
- Dynamically update visualizations as data changes
- Animate visualizations
- Let the user explore your data
- Use layouts to create complex drawings
- Learn to identify what makes a good visualization good
This book is a mini tutorial with plenty of code examples and strategies to give you many options when building your own visualizations.
Who this book is written for